Zwiesel is a small city of about 10000 inhabitants and is situated in the heart of the Bavarian Forest. The city is on the 2 romantic rivers “Kleiner” and “Grosser” Regen (“Small” and “big” Regen).
The holiday destination Zwiesel is full of curiosities.
Discover them all!
We also take care of giving you nice culinary experiences. We can advise you on the best pubs and restaurants in Zwiesel and around. Enjoy the tasty Bavarian cuisine in a cosy atmosphere!
Take a stroll through our beautiful city park in Zwiesel. For the “little ones” there is a nice adventure playground.
You legs need to cool down. The Kneipp basin is what you are looking for!
Follow the „Path of Sculpture“ in Zwiesel. Admire about 60 works of art spread throughout the whole city! For more fun, visit the city by foot!
With the for free, aktivCARDin Zwiesel:
- The “underground passages”
- The “new” Forest Museum
- The indoor swimming pool of Zwiesel
- The beautiful sauna of the Bavarian Forest (pure fun!)
We strongly recommend you the guided city tours of Zwiesel. You will learn a lot about your holiday destination.
Zwiesel has also its own roasting plant. There you can take part in a roasting demonstration and learn a lot about coffee delicacies.
Be sure not to miss the Bärwurz liquor. Visit the Schnaps distillery “Hieke”.
You can also visit the Bayerwald Dom “St Nikolaus” with its 86 m high tower.
What is going on during your stay? Find out hier…
- Zwiesel Kristallglas AG - with the unique glass pyramid in the world made of 93665 glass wines (world record). The cristal glass manufacture.
- Rotwaldglashütte Dick (showroom)
- Kristallerie NachtmannKristallerie Nachtmann (factory sales only)
- Kunstglasbläserei Gerhard Krauspe
- Galerie Gläserner Winkel
- Glasatelier Christian Stadler
- Glaskunst Wolfgang Schmid
- Glasveredelung Josef Hilgart
- Sigrid Poczewski,artistic glass blowing workshop u. Glaserei
- Exclusive Interiors Nausch Ludwig
Popular by our guests: must see events!
- The twelth night in the Bavarian Forest
- The typical folk tradition “Wolfauslassen”
- The Grenzlandfes in Zwiesel
- The Zwiesel Fink
- The raising of the Maypole
- The Christmas market
- The Zwiesel days of glass and the night of glass
- The well-known folk music festival “Drumherum” in Regen