Moutain and E-Bike
The surrounding area of Zwiesel is ideal for cycling amateurs.You will find trails are for everybody’s taste, from the nice and gentle family tour to challenging paths for experimented cyclers. Experimented cyclers can also decide to go for more complicated trails in nature and in the National Park: between 500 and 700 meters high.
We can provide you with plans, excursion maps and lists of places of interest.
We strongly recommend you the following tours:
- Schwellhäusl-Weilertour about 25 km, 2hrs.
- Trinkwassertalsperre about 25 km, 2hrs.
- Bärnzeller Taferlbaum about 20km, 1.5hrs
- Goldenes Straßl about 29.5 km, 2hrs
- Schachtenbach Tour 19.5km, 2hrs
- Arbersee31.8km, 3.5 hrs
- Durandltour about 43km, 4 hrs
A nice family tour:
“On the tracks of the lynxes”:
a family tour in the National park for mountain and trekking cycling. You cycle all the way through the National Park: from Schleicher to Schwellhäusl and the House of Wilderness (Haus zur Wildnis). You may observe wolves, lynxes and wild horses in wild nature. The trail is about 20km long with a 200-meter altitude. You can also find snacks for you lunch break.
If you enjoy extreme sensations, the bike park of Geisskopf will meet your expectations!
You will find, in the oldest bike park of Europe, 12 different trails with different difficulty levels: from beginners to professionals. A trail for children is also available. For more detailed information on opening times and prices, please check the websites of Bikepark and Geisskopfbahn. .
More information from Bikepark:
MTB ZONE - Bikepark Geißkopf
Tel. 09920 903135, Fax 09920 903136
Bike Rental in Zwiesel:
- Radsport Leitl, Tel. +49 9922 802157, www.radsport-leitl.de
- Sporrer-Technik e.K., Tel. +49 9922 1318, www.zweirad-sporrer.de
- Adventure Bike, Tel. +49 9922 802607, www.adventure-bike.de